House of the Dragon: Who rides Vhagar? Who killed Vhagar? How Vhagar died? Was Vhagar bigger than Balerion?
In House of the Dragon, one of the most powerful dragons is Vhagar. Vhagar-The She Dragon was the largest and the mightiest dragon during the Dance of the Dragon; Vhagar was as big as Balerion during that time.
Vhagar was hatched in 52 BC in the Dragonstone, and during Aegon’s Conquest, she was considered one of the smallest dragons among the three greats dragon Balerion, The Black Dread, Meraxes and Vhagar.
Queen Visenya Targaryen rode Vhagar during Aegon’s conquest, and when Vhagar died in 130 AC, her age was approximately 181 years, and her last rider was Prince Aemond Targaryen.
As a House of the Dragon and Game of Thrones fan, I’m sure you will have some questions, like who had ridden Vhagar from 52 BC till 13O AC; well, don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. This article will explain everything in detail.
House of the Dragon: Who rides Vhagar? Who rides Vhagar in House of the Dragon?
Vhagar was first claimed by Queen Visenya Targaryen during Aegon The Great’s conquest.
When Queen Visenya died due to illness during Maegor’s reign, Vhagar was left riderless, and for the next 25 years, nobody could create any bond with Vhagar.
During 73 AC, Prince Baelon the Brave was able to claim Vhagar, and Baelon used her in The Fourth Dornish War.
When Prince Baelon passed away during 101 AC, Vhagar was again riderless.
The next rider of Baelon was Laena Velaryon during 115 AC.
At the age of 15, Laena was able to claim Vhagar; both Laena and Vhagar had a special bond as Laena loved flying with Vhagar across Driftmark, Blackwater Bay and Dragonstone.
When Laena died in 120 AC due to childbirth, she asked her dragon Vhagar to kill her with Dragonfire as she wanted an honorary death, not in pain.
Vhagar was hesitant at first as she didn’t want to kill her master.
Still, later, she understood Laena’s pain and gave her an honorary death in Targaryen fashion.
Vhagar again became riderless after Laena’s death.
Then at Laena’s funeral, Aemond Targaryen, aka Aemond One-Eye, claimed Vhagar; the same will be showcased in House of the Dragon Episode 7.
When Aemond claimed Vhagar, Prince Joffrey questioned him, and both of them had a brawl, but Aemond managed to overpower Joffrey and went onto Vhagar’s back and freed her and went on to have a ride.
That’s how Aemond claimed Vhagar.
When Joffrey informed his brothers Jacaerys and Lucerys that Aemond had stoled Vhagar, Aemond fought with all of them; this is when Lucerys pulled his dagger and cut Aemond’s one eye.
After this incident, Queen Alicent and Queen Rhaenyra had altercations where Alicent demanded that as Aemond had lost one eye, the same should happen to Lucerys as a punishment. But King Viserys allow any further bloodshed.
Later on, Aemond One Eye rode Vhagar during Dance of the Dragon, where in the Battle of God’s eye, both Aemond and Daemon fought off each other with their dragons Vhagar and Caraxes, and it ended with both the dragons dying along with their riders.
So Vhagar, in total, had four riders: Queen Visenya Targaryen, Prince Baelon the Brave, Laena Velaryon and Prince Aemond Targaryen.
Who killed Vhagar? How Vhagar died? What happened to Vhagar?
Vhagar was killed during the Dance of the Dragons when she fought Caraxes in the Battle above god’s eye Dance of the Dragons.
Aemond One Eye rode Vhagar during Dance of the Dragon, and Daemon rode Caraxes. Both Aemond and Daemon fought off each other with their dragons, Vhagar and Caraxes, ending with the dragons dying along with their riders.
The two locked horns in a gruesome battle where Vhagar ripped open the Caraxes’ bellies using her sharp claws, and at the same time, Caraxes tore Vhagar’s throat with his mouth.
The Battle ended with both free-falling into the god’s eye and dying.
Who was bigger Vhagar and Meraxes?
As per the official records from the novel A Dance with Dragons. During the Aegon’s conquest, Maraxes was way bigger than the Vhagar, but during the Dance of the Dragon, it was said that Vhagar almost grew to the size of Balerion the Black Dread, so if we go by that, we would assume by Dance of the Dragon, Vhagar beat Maraxes in terms of size.
Was Vhagar bigger than Balerion?
No! Vhagar, although she came close to the size of Balerion, the black dread, during the Dance of the Dragons, she never surpassed the size of Balerion. Balerion is still considered the biggest dragon that existed in GOT universe.
Was Vhagar a Female Dragon?
Yes! Vhagar is a she-dragon hatched in 52 BC in the Dragonstone. During Aegon’s Conquest, she was considered one of the smallest dragons among the three great dragons Balerion, Maraxes and Vhagar.
- House of the Dragons: Why Caraxes is Called The Blood Wyrm? and Who named Caraxes The Blood Wyrm?
- Who would Rhaenyra Targaryen marry in the House of the Dragons? Who was Rhaenyra Targaryen’s actual Lover?
- Caraxes, The Blood Wyrm: How strong is Caraxes Compared to the rest of the Dragons? And How did Caraxes die in the House of the Dragon?
- House of the Dragon: How does King Viserys die in the House of the Dragon?
- The House of the Dragon Episode 5: Who killed Dameon Targaryen’s wife, Rhea Royce? What happened at the Royal Wedding? Whom did Ser Criston Cole kill in the Royal Wedding and why? What happened to King Viserys?
- Why did Cristion Cole Kill Joffrey Lonmouth?
- Battle Above the God’s Eye: Did Daemon Targaryen and Aemond Targaryen die in the Battle Above the God’s Eye?
- House of the Dragon: Why did Daemon Targaryen kill Rhea Royce?
- What happens to Ser Criston Cole in the Dance of the Dragon? How did Criston Cole die?
- House of the Dragon: Why did Laena Velaryon kill herself? How did Laena Velaryon die in the book “The Song of Ice and Fire”?
- Why did Larys Strong kill Harwin Strong and Lord Lyonel Strong? Who killed Lord Lyonel Strong and Ser Harwin Strong in the book Fire and Blood?
- Alicent and Rhaenyra’s relationship: Why Alicent hates Rhaenyra?
- How many dragons were killed in Dance of Dragons? How many dragons survived the Dance of Dragons?
- Meleys, the Red Queen: Why is Meleys called the Red Queen? Is Meleys the fastest dragon? How strong is Meleys? How does Meleys die?
- House of the Dragon: Who kills Lucerys Velaryon and his Dragon Arrax? Did Aemond kill Lucerys? Is Lucerys dead?