Netflix has a bunch of new releases coming up in August. What can we expect to be released on the 1st? On the 8th? And on the 15th? We take a look at what’s coming next month and give you some recommendations for your viewing pleasure, whether it’s based on our favorite genres or just one show that we’re really excited about. So read through this blog post and find out all there is to know about Netflix’s August 2021 Releases!
1st of August will see two extremely popular shows coming back, like the 7 seasons of 30 Rocks and 5 seasons of Friday Night Lights, and some other shows too. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Inception will be the two films coming up that day. The rest of the month will have some shows debuting.
Some of the films on the list are, The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, an animated film that belongs to the world of The Witcher, a Netflix acclaimed series, Jason Momoa starred in Sweet Girl, and Vivo, an animated film acted by Lin-Manuel Miranda. Read on to find out more!
The August 1, 2021, Netflix Releases
- 30 Rock: Seasons 1-7-30 Rock is one of the most famous American satirical sitcom television series created by Tina Fey, and all the previous seasons from season 1 till season 7 will be available on Netflix.
- Catch Me If You Can-Catch Me If You Can is one of the most popular American pseudobiographical crime films directed and produced by Steven Spielberg. The film stars legendary Tom Hanks and Leonardo De Caprio. It will also be available on Netflix from the 1st of August. If anyone likes cult classic movies of 2002, well, this is the one we would recommend.
- Darwin’s Game-Darwin’s Game is an anime based on a manga series of the same name; the story starts as a 17-year-old guy named Kaname Sudō accepts an online invitation by one of his friends where he will need to install an app and play a game called Darwin’s Game. The situation soon turns into disaster as it was previously unknown that the Game involves a fight between life and death.
- Deep Blue Sea-Deep Blue Sea is an old American science fiction horror film directed by Renny Harlin. This story is set in an isolated underwater facility, where a group of scientists is researching Mako, a genetically engineered shark, to help fight Alzheimer’s disease. But soon enough, the whole situation turns havoc as the genetically engineered sharks now go on a rampage and flood the entire facility. The scientist is now on the run to get themselves from the sharks.
- The Edge of Seventeen-The Edge of Seventeen is one of the old American coming-of-age comedy-drama films written and directed by Kelly Fremon Craig. It was released back in 2016 and starred Hailee Steinfeld, Woody Harrelson, Kyra Sedgwick, and Haley Lu Richardson in the main lead. It was one of the critically acclaimed films which were showcased at the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival.
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off-Ferris Bueller’s Day was released in 1986. It was written and directed by John Hughes and co-produced by Tom Jacobson. The film stars Matthew Broderick as Ferris Bueller in the main lead. The story is set in a high-school slacker who skips school for a day in Chicago with Mia Sara and Alan Ruck. Ferris constantly violates the fourth wall to reveal his techniques and inner thoughts.
- Beethoven-The film is about a family agreeing to keep a St. Bernard puppy, a playful pooch in childhood soon turns into a full-grown powerhouse of destruction.
- Beethoven’s 2nd- This is the second part of Beethoven
- Beowulf- Beowulf is a 3D computer-animated fantasy action film directed and co-produced by Robert Zemeckis. The film is based on an Old English epic poem of the same name. It had bagged lots of awards when it was released.
- Five Feet Apart-Five Feet Apart is a 2019 American love story film directed by Justin Baldoni and is based on the life of Claire Wineland, who suffered from cystic fibrosis. The film stars Haley Lu Richardson and Cole Sprouse in the main lead, and back in 2019, it was pretty popular among the fans because of its emotional ending.
- Friday Night Lights: Seasons 1-5: It is an old American sports drama developed by Peter Berg.
- The Losers-The Losers is a 2010 American action film and an adaptation of the Vertigo Comic series of the same name by Andy Diggle. The film features stars the likes of Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Zoe Saldana, Chris Evans, and Idris Elba in the mean lead.
- The Machinist-The famous 2004 psychological thriller starring Christan Bale directed by Brad Anderson.
- Magnolia-Also an American epic psychological drama that stars Jeremy Blackman, Tom Cruise, Melinda Dillon, and Philip Baker Hall in the main lead
- Good Luck Chuck-An American romantic comedy film starring Dane Cook and Jessica Alba.
- The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia-As the title suggests, this is a psychological horror drama film.
- Hunter X Hunter (2011): Seasons 5-6: Well, after much wait, the famous anime Hunter X Hunter seasons 5-6 will also release on Netflix on August 1, 2021
- Inception: Christopher Nolan’s cult classic Inception, a sci-fi action thriller, will be there on Netflix.
- The Lincoln Lawyer-The Lincoln Lawyer is an American legal thriller film adapted from the 2005 eponymous novel by Michael Connelly.
- Major Payne-An old American comedy film of 1995 directed by Nick Castle
- My Girl- It is also an old 1992 coming-of-age comedy-drama directed by Howard Zieff.
- My Girl 2- this is the second part of My Girl, released in 1994.
- The Net-The Net is a 1995 American action thriller film Irwin Winkler directed, and Sandra Bullock was in the main lead.
- The Original Kings of Comedy-This is an old stand-up comedy film of the year 2000. It was directed by Spike Lee.
- Pineapple Express-Pineapple Express is a 2008 film. Basically action film starring Seth Rogen
James Franco and Gary Cole are in the main lead. David Gordon Green directed it. Spike Lee directed it.
- Poms-A 2019 American comedy film which Zara Hayes directed
- Seabiscuit-A 2003 old American sports film based on a nonfiction book of the same name.
- Space Cowboys- Old film released back in 2000 was about a group of NASA scientists who prevented a satellite from falling down to earth.
- Team America: World Police- A 2004 comedy film directed by Trey Parker. This is basically a type of musical satire which follows the story of a group of police saving the earth from trouble.
The August 3, 2021, Netflix Releases
- Pray Away – It’s a Netflix documentary where the persistent effects of Conversion Therapy on the LGBTQ community are talked about by its survivors and ex-leaders.
- Shiny_Flakes: The Teenage Drug Lord– It’s again a documentary where Max S. talks about his building a drug empire while he was a teen, from his bedroom, in the real story in the series “How to Sell drugs online fast.”
- Top Secret UFO Projects: Declassified– It’s a Netflix series which deals with UFOs being a real existence
The August 4, 2021, Netflix Releases
- Cocaine Cowboys: The Kings of Miami-it’s a documentary show based on real crime about how two school dropout teens go on to become drug dealer chunks in Miami.
- Control Z: Season 2: It’s a series where students and teachers in a school become a target as a part of revenge to be taken upon Luis. Sofia will be solving the mystery.
- Car Masters: Rust to Riches: Season 3: A series where Mark extends his business from Gotham Garage to courting wealthy and influential clients.
- Cooking With Paris: it’s a series where Paris Hilton adds her flavor and style to cooking; everything is fun till an edible glitter bomb gets added.
The August 6, 2021, Netflix Releases
- Hit & Run: A Netflix series where a man gets entangled in the web of intrigue from New York to Tel Aviv on his quest to solve the mystery of his wife’s death.
- Navarasa: A Netflix series to explore the nine emotions depicted in the Indian aesthetic theory.
- The Swarm: a series about a single woman who bred locusts as protein food but can’t extend their breed by reproduction. She finds out they like blood.
- Vivo: Vivo is an upcoming American computer-animated musical comedy film produced by Sony Pictures Animation. Previously it was planned to release on June 4, 2021, but due to covid restrictions, it was delayed, and now it will going to release on August 6, 2021.
The August 6, 2021 Netflix Releases
Quartet: The quartet is a 2012 British comedy-drama film based on the play by the same name by Ronald Harwood.
The August 9, 2021 Netflix Releases
Shaman King: it’s an anime where Medium Yoh Asakura will compete with other shamans for becoming the most powerful Shaman King in a competition held every 500 years.
The August 10, 2021 Netflix Releases
- Gabby’s Dollhouse: Season 2: Gabby’s fun and adventure with the dollhouse friends: cats and dogs in their created world of joy.
- Phil Wang: Philly Philly Wang Wang: it’s a comedy show by Phil Wang where he will explore his British-Malaysian roots, race, politics in the central stage of The London Palladium. Previously he appeared at Apollo, QI, and Netflix’s The Comedy Lineup.
- UNTOLD: Malice at the Palace: It will explore the fight at the Pacers-Pistons with some unseen footage. The director is Floyd Russ (Zion).
The August 11, 2021 Netflix Releases
- Bake Squad: it’s a series where we will see talented bakers in each episode battling to create the best dessert for someone’s big day. It is organized by Christina Tosi, the founder of an empire on the best cookie doughs, Milk Bar. Her troop of bakers has the single dream of creating the perfect dessert.
- The Kissing Booth 3: The already much-known series, know Elle will be seen torn apart between deciding whether to move with her boyfriend Noah to the countryside or attend college with her BFF Lee. We wait to see who gets heartbroken.
- La Diosa del asfalto: The film is about the Story of a tough woman who was brought up outside Mexico’s struggle to become a rockstar.
- Misha and the Wolves: An interesting and sympathetic documentary about a small girl who survived amidst wolves, escaping Holocaust.
The August 12, 2021 Netflix Releases
- AlRawabi School for Girls – The outcast girls at the reputed school’s Al Rawani plot revenge on their bullies.
- Lokillo: Nothing’s the Same – A comic show about the post-pandemic experience with WFH, school from home, washing hands more, and no hugs, by Lokillo Florez.
- Monster Hunter: Legends of the Guild – An anime about Aiden’s struggle to rescue his village from the dragon’s havoc, where already humans and cruel monsters are living together.
The August 13, 2021 Netflix Releases
- Beckett – A film about the protagonist, an American tourist Beckett who becomes the point of a political conspiracy after a car accident.
- Brand New Cherry Flavor — A series about a filmmaker on her way to Hollywood to make a film in the early 90s but who falls into the intoxicating and hallucinatory world of sex, magic, revenge, and kittens.
- Fast & Furious Spy Racers: Season 5: South Pacific – The show where Spy Racers plan to rule over the world while on their way to the South Pacific, to rescue the dear member of their family, Tony, from Russian forces.
- Gone for Good – A series about a man losing himself into an intriguing mystery after his girlfriend getting vanished; in a situation where ten years before, he already lost two of his dearest people in life.
- The Kingdom – A series about a preacher in the race to become Argentina’s president after his mate’s murder. He isn’t as pure as it seems.
- Valeria: Season 2 – Series about a group of impulsive four friends who take weird decisions which have affect their careers, love lives but while having each other’s back.
The August 15, 2021 Netflix Releases
- Mother Goose Club: Seasons 3-4- This also comes under the ‘Education for kids’ section on Netflix, and it is one of the cartoon series for kids.
- Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai: Season 1- Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai is a Japanese anime series based on is a Japanese light novel series which Hajime Kamoshida writes.
- Winx Club: Season 6-Winx Club: Season 6 is a cartoon made for kids the season 6 was initially released in 2013 on Nickelodeon, and now it is releasing on Netflix as well.
The August 16, 2021 Netflix Releases
- Walk of Shame-This is a comedy film written and directed by Steven Brill.
The August 17, 2021 Netflix Releases
- Go! Go! Cory Carson: Season 5 – A show about the ever eager Cory, who loves his friends and makes new ones. He is also eager to take on any adventure coming his way.
- UNTOLD: Deal with the Devil – It’s about Christy Martin where she talks about her battles of life as well as inside the ring. It’s directed by Laura Brownson.
The August 18, 2021 Netflix Releases
- The Defeated – A series where an American cop tries forming a force of police in Berlin in the backdrop of war.
- Memories of a Murderer: The Nilsen Tapes – A documentary where we will hear about the crimes and life of British serial killer Dennis Nilsen in the audiotapes from his cell.
- Out of my league – A genetically disordered woman sets out in the world of love and dating after being fed up with swiping across dating sites with her besties.
- The Secret Diary of an Exchange Student – a film about the adventures of two best friends who set out abroad as exchange students. It’s interesting to see if they stay out of trouble!
The August 19, 2021, Netflix Releases
- Like Crazy-This is an American romantic drama film that Drake Doremus directed. The film is about Anna (Felicity Jones), a British exchange student who falls in love with Jacob (Anton Yelchin), an American student. Soon, the situation separated them from one another as the American visa didn’t allow her to stay in the USA long enough.
The August 20, 2021, Netflix Releases
- The Chair – A series about a nonwhite woman who gets seated at the Chair the first time at a major university and how she copes with the outrageous expectations of a tumbling English department.
- Everything Will Be Fine – a series about a distanced couple no more in love who struggle to keep their family bound together by unconventional ways for their daughter’s sake.
- The Loud House Movie – The struggles of an only guy kid and the middle child, Lincoln, of the Loud family, to remain special, which changes when they travel to Scotland.
- Sweet Girl – It’s a film about the vengeance aimed by an earnest family man, Ray Cooper, towards a medicine company who took away a life-saving drug just before his wife’s (Adria Arjona) death. It puts him and his daughter Rachel (Isabela Merced) in danger. The Film stars Jason Mamoa in the main lead as Raymond “Ray” Cooper.
The August 23, 2021 Netflix Releases
- The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf – The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf is a new film based produced by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich. The film focuses on the origin story of Witcher. The film is all set to release on August 23, 2021.
The August 24, 2021 Netflix Releases
- Oggy Oggy – A show meant for kids, about a cute kitten Oggy and the fun he has with his friends.
- UNTOLD: Caitlyn Jenner – It’s a documentary about the revelations by Caitlyn Jenner about her gold-winning, her decision for transition, and also her relationship with her kids. It has some unseen footage from the Olympics and is directed by Crystal Moselle (Betty, The Wolfpack).
The August 25, 2021, Netflix Netflix Releases
- The November Man-The November Man is based on a 2014 action thriller film based on the novel “There Are No Spies by Bill Granger.”
- Rainbow High: Part 2-A cartoon series on Dolls.
- The River Runner- This is about the story of Scott Lindgren, a 20-year old who wants to be the first person to paddle the four great rivers that originate from Mount Kailash.
- Tayo the Little Bus: Season 4-This is a kid’s show which is about the adventure of Tayo, a blue bus with the number 120.
- The Water Man-Directed by David Oyelowo, The Water Man, is an American drama film starring Oyelowo, Rosario Dawson, and Lonnie Chavis in the main lead. the film is about Oyelowo, who wants to save his sick mother from dying, so he decides to venture into the remote Wild Horse forest in search of a mythical figure which possesses the secret to immortality
- Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal & Greed-A documentary about the unknown and unheard story of the extraordinary landscape artist and host of “The Joy of Painting,” Bob Ross.
- Clickbait-A thriller series on a social media-influenced crime, which has eight vivid points of view to it and interesting clues about the criminal.
- John of God: The Crimes of a Spiritual Healer – Documentary about João Teixeira de Faria, a medium who can perform wonders. But his fame is damaged by the revelations made by the survivors and sufferers about the abuse he did.
- Motel Makeover – A series about the efforts of two young hoteliers, before the onset of the COVID pandemic, in building their empire by transforming an old motel at Ontario.
- Open Your Eyes – Series about a teen at a memory disorder center, after experiencing a tragedy, forming a friendship with homies there who suffered similarly.
- Post Mortem: No One Dies in Skarnes: A horror series about a woman waking from her death and becoming bloodthirsty, just when the funeral parlor of her family seeks more business.
The August 26, 2021 Netflix Releases
- EDENS ZERO-A series about a mysterious, lonely guy at Edens zero who can manipulate gravity and sets out on a journey to meet the mythical space goddess Mother.
- Family Reunion: Part 4 – The McKellan family still enjoys their reunion with more fun and merriment and also black magic.
The August 27, 2021 Netflix Releases
- He’s All That – The film follows on the lines of teen classic She’s All That, from 1999. This is about an influencer (Addison Rae) setting out to turn the loser guy of the school(Tanner Buchanan) into a prom king.
- I Heart Arlo – This is about Arlo and his jovial homies living together in a community, each with an independent idea of joy.
- Titletown High – A sports series about the lives of Valdosta High School both in and out of their field.
The August 28, 2021 Netflix Releases
- Bread Barbershop: Season 2-Bread Barbershop Season 2 shows the city of foods where the foods can talk and run into hilarious situations. The show is made for the kids and will be released in August 2021.
- Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha – A series where a woman comes across a helpful man bent to help his neighbors at a crossroads.
The August 31, 2021 Netflix Releases
- Sparking Joy – A series about the Global organization icon and author, Marie Kondo. It’s about how she helps three important businesses to set up their work and cleaning up the emotional mess of one of her employee’s life. Fans can also see about her family and her home management.
- UNTOLD: Crime and Penalties – A documentary directed by Chapman Way and Maclain Way, UNTOLD reveals the story of a misfit band of hockey players known as the Thrashers, who were taking orders from the teenage son of an alleged mob boss.