So we got to know about Ubisoft developing the game based on Star Wars universe; as they declared on Wednesday about developing a new open-world game with an original story. The Ubisoft-owned Massive Entertainment, who developed Tom Clancy’s The Division, is working on a story-driven adventure in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games. They were also the publisher of The Assassin’s Creed. This is an untitled game that is getting developed by Ubisoft-owned Massive Entertainment.
As we already pointed out, it’s the Swedish studio that functioned behind Tom Clancy’s The Division and its sequel. The identical Snowdrop game engine used in that series is to be used.
According to Ubisoft Creative Director Julian Gerighty, as he said in a release that this is lore that we will love, and they want to do it justice with a game and story that bring both lifelong and source for new fans on an immersive and outstanding journey that will stay with them for years.
Ubisoft Star Wars: More Update About It
However, we don’t yet know when the game is going to release; other details like the systems it’ll come out on, in which era it’s set in, and the premise of it is also unknown. But we believe that as the setting of this Star War game being on city planet Coruscant is sensible, keeping in mind Massive’s experience developing urban environments for The Division games.
According to Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft will be supportive of the game for the time being, or they will be work on multiple games based on Lucasfilm properties, as his statement noted in the release said “the beginning of a long-term collaboration with Disney and Lucasfilm Games.”
It is interesting to note that this is the second game to be announced under the Lucasfilm Games umbrella –which is the new gaming brand revealed by Lucasfilm on Monday. The first was revealed Tuesday, an Indiana Jones game from Bethesda’s sister studio Machine Games (developers of the Wolfenstein series).
Lucasfilm Games VP Douglas Reilly said to StarWars.com on Wednesday that they got a lot of stuff that they will be ready to start sharing with fans because they have been working quietly behind the scenes for a while and awaiting this moment.
The Ubisoft contract ended the legacy of EA’s early years as the lone developer of Star Wars plays, after an exclusive deal signed with Disney in 2013. If not renewed, the same was due to expire in 2023. And as sources like CNET sister site GameSpot and Wednesday’s announcement says it won’t be (it might also give us an idea of when Ubisoft’s game will come out).
In fact, according to some critics, for the last eight years, EA is known for wasting its Star Wars rights; they usually release the games less than canceling them.
But an EA spokesperson confirmed to CNET that they’d continue working on Star Wars games in spite of its lack of an exclusive arrangement. And as they expressed in an emailed statement, the company is proud of its many years of work on games for Lucasfilm, a collaboration that “will continue for years to come.”
To quote what more, they said, “Our talented teams have created some of the most successful games in the history of the Star Wars franchise, including Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Star Wars: Battlefront, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and Star Wars: Squadrons, we love Star Wars and look forward to creating more exciting experiences for players to enjoy.”
And maybe one of those games will be the sequel to 2019’s Jedi: Fallen Order, which was hinted at by EA CEO Andrew Wilson last year. Stay tuned for more!!