Apple recently released iOS and iPadOS 14.1 Updates, which is considered as one of the major updates. You can download the updates on compatible iPhones beginning earlier versions like the iPhone 6s. Those who haven’t got any notification on the updates can manually verify by going to Settings and then to the General and Software Update. I’m sure you will find an update notification there.
The iOS and iPadOS 14.1 updates are considered one of the major updates as this new update fixed several bugs. It also addresses some major problems that created some emails to be sent from the wrong alias. The latest update fixed such issues, the company said in a release note.
The update also adds comfort for 10-bit HDR video playback and editing Photos on the iPhone 8 and following and improves compatibility with Ubiquiti wireless access points.
In addition to that, the 10-bit HDR support, iOS 14.1, will also address various issues such as where the Apple Watch case material was displayed inaccurately in the Apple Watch app. It fixes an issue that could limit zeros from appearing in calculator and more. The upcoming iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are supposed to be running on iOS 14.1, so as a result, the new updates were released before.
iOS 14.1 Update: How To Download This Update on Your Apple Device?
To download this latest update, you have to follow the following steps.
- Step 1:First connect your device to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Then Go to Settings –> General; after that, click on Software Update.
- Step 3: Now, click on the Download option and Install. As this is a significant update so it might take a while
- Step 4: After the Update got downloaded, click on Install. Or you can tap Later and select Install Later. If you tap the Install later option, plug your device into power before you sleep. Your device will install the new 14.1 OS update automatically overnight.
How To Update using your computer?
To update it using your Laptop or PC, you have to follow the mentioned steps below.
- First Step: In your Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15, first open Finder. And in Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or a PC, open iTunes
- Second Step: Connect the device to your PC or Mac.
- Third Step: Find your device on your PC or Mac.
- Fourth Step: Then click on the general–> Settings–> click on Check for Update.
- Fifth Step: The fifth and final step is to tab on Download, and when the update gets downloaded, install it.
For more Technology and Gadgets related information and updates, stay tuned to MediaScrolls.